We detected, that your browser supports another langugae than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
The proven erosion generator for maximum cost-efficiency when manufacturing PCD tools now also offers the optional possibility for a Performance Package
Concise symbols and descriptive graphics ensure optimum user guidance, and help you to easily and efficiently achieve your objectives
FLEXIBLE TOOL MAGAZINE
Whether eroding, grinding or polishing – thanks to the tool storage for up to six tools with a diameter of ≤ 200 mm, you are equipped for any work piece requirement.
VARIABLE WORKPIECE STORAGE
The HC 5 provides space for up to 28 workpieces with ≤ 320 mm diameter, ≤ 250 mm length and ≤ 25 kg weight, and thus guarantees consistent flexibility
QXD 250 – WELL-POSITIONED FOR EVERY CHALLENGE
Can you improve on perfection? The new VOLLMER QXD 250 has the answer. With an overall concept refined in many aspects and amazing innovations:
- Simultaneous path interpolation along six CNC-controlled axes – including the new A-axis
- Extended travel distances and swivel ranges for tool diameters up to 320 mm and tool lengths up to 250 mm
- Redesigned main spindle drive for efficient grinding
- VPulse EDM, the optimum technology for any processing objective
- Extensive options for flexible adjustment to the specific requirements in the metal or wood tools sector
- Complete machining in one clamping operation – from measuring to erosion and from grinding to polishing
With the performance package for the QXD 250, we present a highly functional product in the V@ boost range. As with all future V@ boost products, it is designed to exploit potential consistently and fully. The performance package optimises the machining processes for PCD tools and, as a result, expands the scope of functions of the QXD 250 erosion machine.
MORE EFFICIENT, MORE ECONOMICAL, FLEXIBLE TO USE.
Our eroding machines have another ace up their sleeve when it comes to efficiency. They can draw on additional power when eroding where appropriate. Use the performance packages for this, currently for the QXD 250 and VHybrid 260 in particular. Depending on the tool geometry and your machining requirements, the use of the performance package can ensure that the machining time is additionally reduced and, therefore, guarantee a significant increase in efficiency for the machine.
However, the performance increase depends on the parameters of the tool to be machined. The performance package is, therefore, completely flexible. If the user wants to use it for a specific tool, they switch it on and then simply switch it off again in the same way when they are finished. The billing model can be flexibly adapted by the customer to their needs via an hourly quota.
PATH PROGRAM 360
Technological advancement never stops – and that is especially true of the software sector. VOLLMER specialists are continually further developing applications and adapting these to your tasks and requirements. Our software updates therefore ensure that your VOLLMER machine is always up-to-date. The range of services provided by your machine is thus permanently being extended, its flexibility improved in the long-term and your manufacturing process kept at the highest level.
With the further-developed HP 360 software package, it couldn't be easier to use new functions of your QXD 250 or improve existing ones.
- Integrated three-point measurement
- Integrated cup wheel functionality
The main benefits for you at a glance:
- Quality: Better axial run-out and concentricity due to increased precision when measuring
- Efficiency: Greater production capacity due to shorter measuring times of sometimes over 30%
- User-friendliness: Increased flexibility when programming and expanded functionalities
Do you want extremely efficient and productive machining of your PCD rotary tools? Without compromising the quality of results? No problem! The QXD 250 is already optimally equipped for automation. For unmanned shifts round the clock – and therefore maximum efficiency. Whether you prefer the fully automated changing of tools or of eroding wheels. Or both. You have the choice.
The right tool is ready every time: The integrated tool changer for up to six different erosion, grinding and polishing discs enables perfect implementation of numerous workpiece variants.
An essential component of your automated machining is the right external tool storage. VOLLMER offers you three tried-and-tested solutions here – from a chain magazine to a round magazine:
With HC 5 and HC 11, you have two different workpiece storage solutions to choose from. They provide space for up to 28 or 64 workpieces respectively. They can be loaded and unloaded during machining – without delay. That is VOLLMER efficiency.
The new double-layered HR holds up to 30 tools in the smallest of spaces – thanks to two levels positioned on top of each other. It enables the automatic machining of tools with different diameters of up to 320 mm. For greater capacity and flexibility.
Whether machining wood or metal, whether manufacturing tools or repairing them, VOLLMER recognises the special challenges you are faced with each day. The new QXD 250 can therefore be flexibly adjusted to suit your needs.
Speed, efficiency and productivity are top priority for those who want to successfully produce and machining tools for woodworking. VOLLMER has the ideal solution for this too: The new QXD 250.
- Workpiece diameter of up to 320 mm
- Workpiece weight of up to 25 kg
- Extended swivel range of B-axis up to ± 20° for maximum clearance at the workpiece
- Re-engineered main spindle drive for optimum grinding operations
During the manufacture and maintenance of sophisticated and highly complex metal tools, the utmost precision and the greatest flexibility are required. To provide you with the best-possible support, we have therefore developed the new QXD 250 to meet these exacting requirements.
- VPulse EDM technology for the best surfaces up to 0.1 μRa
- Workpiece lengths up to 250 mm
- Extensive options to enhance machine functionality, e.g. polishing or drill machining
THE OPERATING CONCEPT
VOLLMER experts know: With the unique VOLLMER operating concept, even complex machining tasks are accomplished quickly, safely and reliably after only a brief training period. Thanks to clear VOLLMER symbols, intuitive programming is possible. The Windows-based interface also ensures a minimum risk of operator input error thanks to easy to understand graphical representations. This means that the guaranteed level of quality is consistently high.
EXLEVEL PRO – INCREASED DIVERSITY. INCREASED FLEXIBILITY. INCREASED SAFETY.
- ExLevel PRO offers a comprehensive range for the manufacture and maintenance of PCD drilling and PCD milling tools.
- With the combination of eroding and grinding processes (hybrid machining), complete machining can be even more comprehensive.
- Many kinds of machining that have previously only been available for solid carbide tools can now be adapted to the manufacture of PCD tools.
- Modular design: Demand-driven installation according to the application range.
QXD 250 – MAIN ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
- MAXIMUM SPEED AND EFFICIENCY
The new Performance Package ensures that the machining time is reduced and, therefore, guarantees a significant increase in efficiency for the machine. This is achieved through the seamless interaction between generator technology, process parameters, gap evaluation and drive technology in the QXD 250.
- INCREASED SHARPNESS
Surfaces with a roughness to 0.1 μRa.This will sharpen your image – worldwide.
- INCREASED FLEXIBILITY
For tools up to 320 mm in diameter and 250 mm in length. Virtually all requirements are met.
Ehinger Straße 34
Phone: +49 7351 5710
Fax: +49 7351 571130