We detected, that your browser supports another langugae than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
MODERN OPERATING CONCEPT
Height-adjustable, with touch screen, 19" diagonal screen size and optimum view into the machining chambers.
Very rigid, compact construction with optimal accessibility and overview for the operator.
Two vertical grinding spindles with the grinding wheel at the C axis pivot point. Reduced machining times thanks to shorter linear-axis travel distances.
The hot topic of Industry 4.0: Our machines are ready to communicate. An IoT gateway, which enables central machine data acquisition, is installed as standard.
The reliable, intuitively operated software with 3D tool and machine simulation, combined with collision monitoring.
GRINDING WHEEL CHANGER
Provides even more flexibility in your manufacturing processes – with up to eight grinding wheel packages.
The VOLLMER HP 160 pallet magazine, the HC 4 chain magazine, or the internal pallet loader automatically ensures increased capacity and flexibility.
The VGrind 260 has everything you could possibly need for completely machining your rotary tools. Ideal for sectors such as the automotive engineering, tool making, medical technology, precision engineering and aerospace industries, as well as many more.
The VGrind 260 is equipped with tried-and-tested kinematics and a double spindle. Get ready for outstandingly precise multi-layer machining. And the best thing about it? You can configure the VGrind 260 to meet your precise requirements.
From automating to coolant distribution to configuring the spindles and much, much more – assemble your machine so that it works exactly how you need it to. The VGrind 260 offers a wealth of corresponding options.
VGrind 260 –INDIVIDUALLY CONFIGURABLE.
Do you want to optimise your processes with smart technologies, avoid mistakes and reduce downtimes?
We offer grinding and sharpening machines that are equipped with an IoT gateway as standard. Contact your VOLLMER representative or find out more now at:
VGrind 260 - MAXIMUM PRECISION
The VGrind 260 was designed for the efficient machining of rotary tools with different diameters.
The high flexibility provided by the possibility to change both grinding wheel packages, the reduced changing times and the range of automation options provide the best prerequisites for high-quality manufacturing.
Precision and efficiency squared: This principle is also followed by the VGrind 260 – thanks to two vertically configured grinding spindles. Its efficient cooling concept has been optimised. The result: Maximum perfection at the lowest tolerances with the best possible cooling.
- Five-axis CNC grinding machine with innovative kinematics
- Two grinding spindles situated one above the other with the grinding wheels positioned at the C axis pivot point – to ensure extremely precise grinding results
- The two vertically positioned grinding spindles eliminate previous issues with the floating bearing compared to a single spindle with two ends
- Innovative wall concept with the highest possible rigidity and outstanding damping thanks to polymer concrete
- The plate heat exchanger on the VGrind 260 guarantees effective, long-term cooling for the motors and grinding spindles. Even better – no additional cooling unit is required
- Both grinding spindles can be fitted with various different grinding wheel packages. The automation option ensures seamless grinding wheel replacement, every time
- Flexible automation options for rotary tools
- Grinding spindle available with direct or belt drive
- Automatic changing of grinding wheel sets complete with coolant nozzles for optimum productivity
- The automatic handling mechanism compensation during the process ensures maximum precision when loading and unloading tools and reduction sleeves. This reduces wear and optimises concentricity
- Wheel measuring probe: Grinding wheel measurements and wear control within the machine
- Automated changing of intermediate sleeves with bayonet
- Automatic roughing unit enables the grinding wheel coating to be opened during production
- Simultaneous grinding wheel package and tool change in combination with the HP 160 pallet magazine or the HC 4 shortens non-productive times during loading
- Stable, fully adjustable steady rest with automatic stroke ensures optimal grinding results
Thanks to its simple, intuitive operation, the VGrind 260 ensures that you always have everything under control. The height-adjustable control desk, which features a clear LCD display, is positioned so that you always have a good view of the work area.
During operation, you can choose to use the keyboard, touch screen or both – whichever is right for you. The manual operating unit ensures even more flexibility: It can be freely positioned on the enclosure and is designed for setting individual axes – without using the control panel.
In short, the VGrind 260 has been optimally designed with ergonomics and intuitive operation in mind – for your benefit. It makes it easy for you to achieve the best possible results.
- Height-adjustable and tilting control desk,
- Versatile manual operating unit
- Optimal view of the machine
- Simple access to the grinding spindles
It doesn't get more flexible than this.
Work process automation is one of the key factors of modern tool machining. With the VGrind 260, you can choose from a range of excellent equipment options. This allows you to implement different batch sizes for your tools and to make your manufacturing processes quicker, safer and more precise.
The various automation options that we offer enable you to optimally adjust the VGrind 260 to your requirements.
- HP 160 pallet magazine with compact pallets (for up to 900 blanks or tools) and double gripper to guarantee quick changing times
- The HC 4 chain magazine has space for 158 shank-type tools or, alternatively, up to 39 HSK-A63 tool holders in a compact design
- Also available with an internal pallet loader. This provides space for two compact pallets with a capacity of up to 300 blanks or tools. Alternatively, chaotic loading of different shank diameters is also possible
With the eight-tool grinding wheel changer, you automatically have the right grinding wheel on hand. If required, this can also include interchangeable coolant elements on both grinding spindles. This helps to increase productivity in your manufacturing facility.
The oriented spindle holder automatically positions the new grinding wheel packages in the same location on the grinding spindle. This reduces planing and run-out errors and therefore increases precision.