We detected, that your browser supports another langugae than the called one. This page is also available in your language! Would you switch to this page in your language?
The QWD-series wire erosion machines are used as the benchmark for the manufacture and maintenance of powerful PCD tools. The VPulse 500 has achieved new levels of precision and efficiency: a wealth of possibilities thanks to the new erosion generator, maximum reliability and ease of operation as well as various automation options. For round-the-clock high-efficiency operation. Accurate impulses for your success: The ground-breaking Vpulse 500.
The new VPulse 500 comes with everything currently required by the manufacture or maintenance of PCD-tipped tools as standard. And adapts flexibly to individual requirements.
- State-of-the-art control for optimum machining performance
- Simultaneous path interpolation along five CNC axes
- Measuring and erosion in one clamping operation
- Machining with unsupported clamping, optional counter point unit for machining between tips
- Different interfaces for flexible machining of various workpieces
- Numerous options for automated workpiece machining
- VPulse EDM, the optimum technology for any processing objective
A generator is the core component for efficient erosion of PCD-tipped tools. An example here is the tried-and-tested VOLLMER VPulse EDM erosion generator. In use for the first time for wire erosion – with the VPulse 500. With a higher removal rate or optimised surface quality, it provides optimum support in achieving your machining objectives. The integrated technology database makes handling simpler with preconfigured parameters and improves user-friendliness, as the appropriate material-specific machining program can be selected in no time. The technology database can be expanded to suit individual customer requirements.
Achieve precise peak performances with ease. Reliable and highly precise, every time. This requires not only a sophisticated, well-developed machine design, but also an operating philosophy that prioritises people. Only then can the machine's full potential be reached – for the benefit of the company.
It begins with carefully-considered work ergonomics, moves on to the logical and convenient parameter entry and then to advanced human-machine interaction. New options for information, analysis and documentation support the ongoing process optimization.
Flexible height-adjustable and tilting control panel, optimum machine access.
PRECISION WORK MADE EASY:
- Adjustable, tilting control panel for optimum work ergonomics – display and machine compartment always in view
- Operation via touchscreen or mouse
- New design for greater operating comfort
- User-friendly menu navigation – even complex tasks can be performed with minimal training
- Simple and fast information retrieval via essential program and machine parameters
- New documentation and analysis options for faster process optimization
Logical: An intelligent, advanced machine concept requires the same software concept. ExProg, the programming system already integrated in the VPulse 500, has been repeatedly tried and tested, and with its combination of renowned strengths and a few new qualities, it scores highly compared with the previous generation:
- Simple application thanks to intuitive user interface
- Division of the profile into any number of subcontours for even more flexible machining
- Allocation of individual data to each contour element
- Simulation to check the cutting edge geometry – saves time and reduces errors
- External or local storage of machining programs as required
- Networking of several machines via a database for simpler data exchange and fast program modification
To make the creation of machining programs even easier and more functional, VOLLMER has developed another software solution – as a total replacement for the four-path program. This supplements the ExProg software and has already been pre-installed as standard.
- New clear design for greater operating comfort
- Simple, easy to grasp handling
- Program editor for contour machining with any number of contours and cutting edges
- Increased functionality compared with the previous generation: Selection of measuring modes, visual display of measuring points as well as measuring and eroding in a single program
Whether manufacture or maintenance: When uncompromising precision and a high degree of flexibility are called for, the new VPulse 500 wire erosion machine from VOLLMER is the first choice for machining PCD-tipped carbide tools.
Fine contours, extremely sharp cut edges achieved cost-effectively and with maximum process reliability: That's what VPulse 500 stands for.
The automotive and aviation sectors have the highest standards – and that includes the tools they use. The VOLLMER VPulse 500 wire erosion machine enables the manufacture and machining of a wide variety of delicate and complex tool geometries. Reliable, safe and extremely productive.
For tools used in the woodworking industry – e.g. during laminating – a high degree of profile accuracy is required. The VOLLMER VPulse 500 will not let you down.
Increase efficiency without lifting a finger thanks to intelligent automation solutions. The VPulse 500 can be operated on a multi-shift basis or even work unmanned over the weekend. Another bonus is that the new VOLLMER wire erosion machine features many different automation options. Without any major adjustment, it can become an integral, efficient part of your process.
- Max. workpiece weight 20 kg
- Max. workpiece diameter 300 mm
- Max. workpiece length 500 mm
EXTERNAL WORKPIECE STORAGE
An essential component of your automated machining is the right external workpiece storage. VOLLMER can offer you three tried-and-tested solutions for this: For 16, 28 and 64 workpieces.
- MAXIMUM PRECISION
Customised five-axis kinematics for machining PCD-tipped rotary tools. For maximum profile accuracy
- MORE PRODUCTIVITY
Powerful control in combination with the new VPulse EDM erosion generator. For reduced costs per unit
- EASIER HANDLING
Innovative operating concept, proven software, enhanced human-machine interaction. For quick, flawless work
|Rotary tool with outside diameter||≤ 320 mm|
|Rotary tool with total length||≤ 500 mm|
|WORKPIECE HOLDING FIXTURE|
|Workpiece weight||< 25 kg|
|Adaptation for SK holding fixture||SK40, SK 50|
|Wire diameter||0,10 - 0,25 mm|
|LINEAR AXES (travel distance)|
|X1 axis||540 mm|
|Y1 axis||300 mm|
|Z1 axis||195 mm|
|ROTARY AXES (tilt angle)|